Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Arlo and Jake Enlist first draft!

I finally worked through the rewrite of  'Arlo and Jake Enlist'! Whoo Hoo! My intrepid editor was merciless again. I had mixed present and past tense terribly! Again!

My hat is off to you who go before me in the writing field. Though I did 'better' this time, my writing technique was awful. Again!

I'm hoping that book 2 of the 'Arlo and Jake' series will be better. I'm definitely more 'aware' as I write now. I still do the stream of consciousness writing to get the story written down. But now I'm aware I need to go back and correct as soon as possible! Don't wait!

The outline document saved my butt numerous times. With my crappy memory it's a must for me. And it allows me to 'experiment' on story plots and characters.

Well. Now it's time for the serious ripping and mending and rewriting and rewriting, etc, etc. I know I have some plot issues to resolve but overall I'm really happy with the first book. It's fun, it's fast and it's got cool characters.

I still think I'll offer this book at 0.99 since it's only 20,000 words. The rest of the books in series will be in the 40,000 to 50,000 words and I'll offer them at 2.99. At least that's my plan for now.

This is such a rush for me. Every author wants his/her books to sell well and be popular and I'm no different. But I can honestly tell you that the journey has been outstanding for me. I intend to keep walking down that road for as long as I can. Story telling makes me happy!

Peace, love and keep writing!