Saturday, September 22, 2012

Another experiment or two or three

As soon as I get my book cover finalized I'm launching the 'Arlo and Jake' series. The first book, 'Arlo and Jake Enlist', is in final edit and then it's ready for prime time. Whooo Hooo!

I have outlines for 10 books in the series, and I have the second book 20 percent drafted. Oddly enough I have the third book 30 percent drafted. Go figure. I go where the Muse smacks me. I'm trying to push the 'current' book forward but allow myself to side track to the other outlines when a cool idea surfaces.

So I have 3 experiments here:
1. Writing a shorter (about 30,000 words) book instead of going for a 'full' novel of 60,000 to 100,000 words.
2. Writing a series of shorter books with a common 'theme'.
3. Pricing the first book at 1.99 until the second book is out at 1.99 and dropping the first book to 0.99.

I'll keep you up to date on how it goes.

Keep writing Buckaroos!

Be in this moment.