Saturday, January 5, 2013

I'm a guest blogger! Cool!

Way cool. I got a 'guest blogger' spot on Jill Edmondson's blog. Take a peek! Among her other writing, Jill is the author of the Sasha Jackson Mysteries series; think 'Sex and the City' meets 'Nancy Drew'. Check out her blog here!

I'm very thankful to Jill for asking and posting my comments.

This is another example of how 'social media' marketing can expand your readership and possibly gain some exposure to potential reader, reviewers and other writers.

I'm at 10,000 words on 'Arlo and Jake Galactic Boot Camp' and pushing through the 'what do they do now' middle part. The beginnings and ends seem to flow pretty well, but making the middle of the story interesting is challenging. I want the reader to be pulled along to the third act, but there needs to be stuff along the way that's really interesting and fun.

And I'm making sure that Arlo has a bigger part in the plot. He's developing into a 'real' character rather than just a wise-cracking side-kick. That's what I wanted all along.

Time for that second cup of coffee. I need to finish kicking Jake and Arlo out the portal door for EVA suit training. There has been a micro-meteor strike on the Triumph's hull not far from their training site so Jake, Arlo and Pixie are going to investigate as part of the training. I wonder what their will find?

Be cool, all. Write!