Monday, February 11, 2013

Back to work!

The last week was a total vacation from just about everything. Work, social activities, TV, pretty much the world, except for my lovely wife. We took a week to chill and let the world function without us.

And, of course, the Sun, Moon and stars still march in their appointed posts in the sky. The Earth continues to spin round and round, blissfully unaware of it's silly inhabitants.

It was wonderful. No guilt about deadlines. No media sensationalism. Didn't have to groan once when yet another politician said something moronic. Can we just send these people back to school and make them retake basic Social and Government studies?

While sipping umbrella drinks, I read Charles E. Wells 'The Beginning'(check it out!) and some Asimov and Analog stories. It was blissful. I could read for a while, doze for while, and snore for awhile. Life was good.

Another great aspect was just drifting through more story ideas for my 'Arlo and Jake' series. I let myself visualize my reluctant heroes in what ever predicament popped up.

Some ideas were pretty good, some too silly even for me. I think not having any pressure to write them down or 'work on them' let me just 'drift' from idea to idea. It was cool!

So. It's back to work on these new ideas and my current story. I'm refreshed, motivated and full of silly ideas. Whoo Hoo!

Take a break when you can. Let yourself recharge. You'll love it.