Saturday, March 16, 2013

I'm bbaaaacccckkkkk! ;-)

Well, mostly. Still find myself drifting a little, but at least I'm motivated to dig in again and get Arlo and Jake moving along in 'Arlo and Jake Galactic Bootcamp', book two of the series.

I'm introducing some new characters that I want to bond with our heroes and share their adventures. They form a 'Triad' in boot camp and compete together, striving to make 'Top Triad' or some such name. I felt the need to broaden the series with some more good guys and some more bad guys.

My favorite series are those where you have a strong hero, male or female (I love the Honor Harrington series, check it out!), who needs the help of other characters who are drawn to his cause. One of the strengths of the Dirk Pitt series, by Clive Cussler, is Dirks interactions with his group of friends, who all have their own story, strengths and weaknesses.

I'm introducing Jake to an Adrian female and a Grockna male to become the 'Tark' triad, together with their own 'partners'. 'Partners' are like Arlo is to Jake. They usually start out as pets of the Recruit, but not always. You'll have to read the book to learn why they choose the name 'Tark'.

There is also a rival Triad that competes with our Tark's all through boot camp. Not bad guys, just there for the same reasons. And they want the boot camp 'Best of the Best' trophy. Of course Jake is not a trophy seeker so this presents some issues.

Well, time to get back to my heroes and get them into some serious training!

Keep writing and move that story forward!