Sunday, March 3, 2013

Writing with half your mind...

It's hard enough to push 'Arlo and Jake Galactic Bootcamp' forward when I'm operating on all 8 cylinders (look it up, kids, 8 used to be the 'big' engines, not 4 ;-), but my mind has been spinning around a dozen other ideas, leaving me with only a few to work with.

I've got some good traction on Boot camp, but I need to focus. Do you find it difficult some times to put aside all the other distractions that pop up? They're great ideas and distractions, so how do I manage them?

I know you all have the same problem, and I've talked about this before but this is the first time I've really had to make myself focus on a book. I wonder if it's the self-imposed pressure to finish by the end of the month? Or is it just that the other ideas a so compelling?

So. Here's my plan.
- Finish a chapter on Boot camp
- update my new Magnus Somnium Facebook page
- Finish another chapter
- Pick a story for Analog or Asimov
- Rinse and repeat
- finish Boot camp and publish it

Lame as it sounds, as least I have a plan now!

Wish me luck, Buckoos!