Tuesday, April 16, 2013


Thank you Vanessa  for nominating me for this award. Vanessa is the Grand Pobah of the Seasonal Short Stories Group , a collection of supportive, brilliant writers from around the world.

The Rules:
1. Copy and place the Beautiful Blogger Award in your post.
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3. Tell 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 fellow bloggers for the Beautiful Blogger Award, tell them by posting a comment on their blogs.

Now 7 Things About Me:
1. I enlisted in the US Navy at 17, served on two Nuclear Subs(long since turned into razor blades and Slinkys) and taught Naval Nuclear Propulsion for three years. I mustered out of the Navy at 27. Ah, the simple, formative years.
2. I read 3 to 5 books a week, not counting software books.
3. My favorite books are Glory Road (Robert Heinlein) and Shogun (James Clavell).
4. I was born and raised in Levelland (yes level land ;-) Texas, USA. I moved to Boulder, Colorado, USA in 1964, when hippies still roamed the world.
5. My favorite non-fiction subjects are Cellular Biology, Artificial Intelligence and World Naval History.
6. I have been a software developer since 1980. I owe my career to two men who believed in me even though I didn't have a degree. Dave Granger and Phil Chermak. Bless you, mates!
7. A perfect meal would be Red Robins Cajun Clucks and fries with a bottle of Los Pinos Vineyards Sweet Rodeo Red, served on the patio on a cool Sunday afternoon. Ahhhh.

PS: For the nominees, you are not under any obligation whatsoever to take the awards.
My nominees:
1. James Smith
2. Mack Brown
3. Charles Wells
4. Robbie Cox
5. H. P. Oliver
6. Karen Einsel
7. Vanessa already took Gary Henry!