Sunday, September 29, 2013

What do you do for a preview?

I'm ready to launch 'Arlo and Jake Galactic Boot Camp', book two of my humorous Sci-Fi series. In the first book, 'Arlo and Jake Enlist', I put a preview of the first chapter of book two after the last chapter.

I've seen this, to various degrees, in other books as a 'teaser' to the next book in a series. I kinda like it. It gets me fired up for the next story. Especially if the book I just finished was decent.

In book two, I was planning on adding the preview to book three 'Arlo and Jake Lost Partner'. But I'm wondering if maybe it would good to mix it up a little. Rather than 3 to 10 pages of story line, what if I just put in a teaser paragraph or two? I've seen this done in series as well.

Any thoughts on which you like best?

Thanks everyone!