Friday, March 6, 2020

How do other writers do it!!??

Lately I've noticed that I spend more time promoting my writing than writing, and I hate that!!

But...

If I don't tweet, face book and do this blog, how do I get a readership? My books are at the bottom of the indie pile on Amazon and Barnes and Noble because of their self-defeating algorithms.

I get it. They are for-profit company and will make far more money promoting Stephen King's latest books than giving me 'shelf space' for mine.

So I'm tweeting and pimping my books an hour a day just to get a few book sells a week. I could be writing more books and getting them out there, but it seems counter intuitive to NOT promote as much as possible.

I know this is not a new problem and that all new writers have this dilemma. I've vacillated back and forth a dozen times: promote more, write less or just write and forget about the promotion.

Sigh.

So. I'm going to try the 'write more' for a while and try to just enjoy writing for the summer.

Thanks for listening. If you have ideas, let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment