Wednesday, November 11, 2020

November is AWESOME!!!

 (Sorry for the blog changes/problems. Not sure what I did, but hopefully this theme will allow you to use the links properly.)

It's hard to believe, but November might actually be the best month of 2020!!!

The Election is finally over. I'm so looking forward to a lowering of the political temperature and a chance to return to 'normality'. Normal for me would be the ability to talk to my Pinochle club buddies about politics without our feelings getting out of hand. My club has Dems, Republicans and a couple of pure Libs. We almost never agree about political things, BUT we also didn't shout at each other and break out our canes to pummel each other. ;-) 

I want that back. I love these guys and we need each other. 

I fully admit that at times I let my emotions get the better of my judgement. I truly regret hurting anyone's feelings.

I pledge to do my part to compromise and see the other side and to keep my mouth shut at the appropriate times... ;-)


The pandemic may finally have some light at the end of the tunnel!!! Several possible vaccines are in final testing as are some therapeutics! This is absolutely amazing! I'm so happy for all us... I'm doing a little happy dance right now... (you don't want to see it ;-))

Until it's proven and available PLEASE continue to protect each other by wearing the mask, social distancing, washing your hands and checking on your neighbors.

The end of this world wide nightmare could be over SOON. 

DON'T let up now!

THANK YOU!

SMALL SOAPBOX ON:

See what mankind can do when the whole World puts it's energy behind a problem??

Let's NOT let this stop with Covid. 

Let's identify and tackle the next world wide problem. Let's put ALL our minds, our will and our resources towards first steps to fix it!!

And then the next. And then the next. Rinse and repeat.

America's place in the World may soon start to heal. We are NOT an isolationist nation. We need other countries as much as they need us. We're NEIGHBORS. We need to get back into the role of leading and helping not ignoring and antagonizing.

SMALL SOAPBOX OFF:

Personally I'm doing well with my writing. I've finished book 5 of the 'Arlo and Jake' SciFi series! Editing is in progress and I'm creating a book cover. Hopefully I'll be able to publish it before Christmas. 

The patio has been a great place to write and think. The mild weather this month allows me to sit in my chair for as long as I want, my cup of coffee and snacks to sustain me. There are days when I'm out there for 4 or 5 hours, writing and creating outlines for new stories.



The roses were amazing this year. We have a long way to go to get the plants spread out and blossoming as much as possible, but we'll get there. They have wilted after the first cold spell here, but I know they'll be back next spring.


As soon as 'Arlo and Jake: Special Intel' is out the door I'm going to concentrate on several short stories I hope to sell to a SciFi/Fantasy magazine like Analog or Asimov's. I have some great ideas percolating on the burner. With any luck I can publish in a magazine and get some more exposure for all my writing.

Stay safe. Take a deep breath and let it out slowly.

Be happy, my friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment