Because I have the support of friends:
- I can write stories and not worry how good or bad they are because my friends will enjoy them.
- I can stop for a beer at the 'Drunken Donkey' and just enjoy being alive. The hot wings help.
- I can show up at work and feel like I'm a part of the team. Sometimes I help. Sometimes I get help.
- I can player poker once a month with a bunch of old farts like myself and feel 30 years younger for a couple of hours.
- I can reminisce about the good ole' days of shooting the breeze over the chain on ole' Blue, even through none of them really know what 'over the chain' means.
- I can share sad moments, so that I don't feel like they only happen to me.
- I can share happy moments, so I can make others happy too.
- I get to share in their lives. They allow me to be a part of something bigger than myself
I am so blessed that my best friend is my wife of 44 years.
You've got friends.
Share with them.
Tell them how cool they are over a platter of nachos and a beer or glass of sweet tea.
Family and friends are the pallet of paints you use to color your world.
Use the brush generously.