Tuesday, November 26, 2013

It's time again to give thanks...

I'm going to devote the next few days to my family, giving thanks for all the blessings we receive on a daily basis. Though I'm sure I'll sneak in a few minutes on my outlines and notes ;-)

I want to thank you, dear Reader, for your support as well. When you leave a kind note (or even a critique!) on a writer's blog, you engage him/her and make them better writers. Talking to my readers helps me understand what I'm doing well and where I'm dropping the ball.

I want to thank those who take a chance on a new writer and buy my books. I know every buck counts these days. All you have to go by are my blogs/tweets and a short blurb on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords or Goodreads. And there are lots of other writers vying for your attention.

I want to thank those vendors I've mentioned for providing the chance for someone with no agent or experience to get exposure to millions of readers around the world. I know they get a portion of the sales but it's a fair portion in my estimation.

I want to thank my day job company for employing a 'mature' worker and treating me as well as any of the young whipper-snappers there. I am truly blessed to work with some exceptional people.

So, before I get maudlin, I'll finish this and say I thank God for all the blessings of my life. My wife, daughters, granddaughters and the rest of the family.

I  hope your Thanksgiving is blessed and happy.

Be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment