Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Time to rest and recharge???

It's that time of year.

I can feel the Universe winding slowly down, it's taut spring finally relaxing, all that frenetic energy spent at last. The knots in my shoulder are starting to melt back into muscle.

That's just the way I am. I go full steam ahead all year. I don't pace myself like I should (and like I advise others to do, so sue me ;-). I can't. If it needs to be done, I want to do it and get it done NOW. That goes for writing, fixing the faucet, writing, getting the oil changed, writing, ... well, you get it.

But about this time, every year, I feel the steam pressure dropping at last. I stop obsessing about everything. The fog of war starts to clear and I can see the stars again. I realize I don't have to meet some self imposed deadline for anything.

It can all just wait till next year.

I hope you get a chance to stop and smell the rum balls, taste the fudge and enjoy a cup of eggnog.

Life is precious, my friends, so very precious. Stop for awhile and soak it in. Let the season enrich you. Listen to the sound of children laughing. Watch your favorite Christmas movie with the lights out and mug of hot chocolate. Call your family and tell them how much you love them and miss them.

Relax.

The world can spin for awhile without us.

Furl the sails and drop anchor, Arlo, we're heading for the nearest tavern for a round of grog and song.

God bless you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment