Friday, July 20, 2018

Finally back to normal...

Well, sort of.

A broken sewer line has put a serious dent in my writing (and my checkbook ;-) lately. The trench is finally filled back in so hopefully no more issues there. What a mess! Dug up my front yard from house to sidewalk and then dug a 45 foot tunnel under the foundation to replace the pipes.

If I could find the plumber that did the original installation I'd hang him by his lazy thumbs. He didn't install hangers under the foundation, just laid the pipes in the ground. Twenty years later the ground has shifted enough that there were several pipe cracks/separations. You could see where the mud was entering the pipe. That means there was also water seeping out! The mud solidified in the pipe and clogged it.

He also used a Frankenstein set of elbows and pieces of pipe out in the yard where it connects to the city pipe. Several cracks/separations allowed my tree to find the leaking nutrients and shove a big root into the pipe.

Well hopefully it's taken care of. My yard has a snaking mound of dirt that will need to settle and the entire front grass is dead where the 6 ft hill of tunnel dirt sat for almost a week.

Sigh.

Oh and because the Universe is has a perverse sense of humor, my neighbor noticed that my A/C overflow pipe was dripping. Now I'm waiting for the A/C guy to come out and check my brand new A/C unit. And Texas is having a record heat summer. 108 yesterday! Yea!

On the plus side, I'm not in a hospital bed. My family is well and my daughter and her girls are coming in today for a visit! So looking forward to seeing them again!

Be cool, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment