Friday, June 21, 2019

Lordy, lordy, lordy it's hot!

Yep, Texas summer has arrived!

96 degrees with 102 index! Dang! We had a 'nice' spring, outside the floods, hailstorms and tornadoes. In Texas you take your cool weather with a grain of golf ball sized hail...

So I've been plowing through my latest WIP, book 5 of the Arlo and Jake SciFi series, while I sip iced tea in my writing den or on the couch. It's going OK. Like most writers I want it to go faster, but I'm pleased at how it's coming out.

You'll get the back story of the GHA, the Galactic House of Aquinoxous, the villains in the series. I think I missed an opportunity to add a lot great content by skipping over these guys too much in the early books. I'm even thinking about going back to the first books and adding some more content that will make the story 'meatier'.

Of course I've still struggling with my Muse. She keeps throwing great story ideas in front of me, trying to sidetrack my progress on 'Galactic Special Intel'. But what the heck, I'm having a blast just writing! I have no commitments to an agent or publisher so I can write what I want when I want to!

I know that makes me an amateur writer. I'm OK with that. I am an amateur writer. Every time I sit down to write I try to get better, to tell the story a little better. If I ever get noticed by a publisher or agent who says I can be an author who can make a living with my stories, I might belly up to the bar and get serious. Or maybe not.

I'm not sure my stories would be better if I did buckle down and spend 10 hours a day and have schedules to meet. In fact I think they would suffer. That's not me.

Stay cool, my friends. Drink lots of iced tea and keep your beanie covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment