Sunday, June 2, 2019

Great day for writing!

Out on the patio for hours today, steaming away on my latest WIP, 'Arlo and Jake Galactic Special Intel'. At least that's the working title. Surely I can come up with a sharper title than that... we'll see.

The temperature on the patio was just right until about 4 PM. A little breeze and the tinkling sound of our water fountain helped. The iced tea kept me cool most of the morning and afternoon. Of course this is Texas, so it started getting too warm and now I'm inside enjoying the A/C comfort. How did my ancestors do it, living out here with no A/C? Ah, I remember now. Siestas!!!

I worked through several scenes and made some more outlining notes today. I think tomorrow could be another good time in the writing saddle. I have the next scene twirling in my mind and that should take at least 1000 to 2000 words, maybe more.

The story line is starting to move from setting things up to the actual meat of an interesting story. The characters are more substantial and the plot a bit more involved than the previous stories. It's challenging to keep the pace up and keep the feeling of the whole series in mind. I don't want to deviate from the fun and action, that's what I like best about the plots. Oh and the humor!

Time to get back to it.

Have a great week everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment