Friday, January 17, 2020

Rainy days and Mondays always make me Smile!

Yeah, yeah, I know, wrong lyrics! ;-)

But it's true for me. When it's dreary outside I feel fully justified in hitting the den and writing for hours rather than work on the house or do bills or whatever!

Turn on a little smooth jazz guitar, queue up some Chet Atkins albums or some 'Beats Antiques' music and wrestle with my Muse over scenes in a story.

I can write on the couch with the boob tube yakking in the background, but I can concentrate and enjoy the flow more when I'm sitting in my comfy chair, surrounded by my books and miniature Star Trek figures at my desk.

My current challenge, self induced, is to get a short story published in Analog, Asimov, Science Fiction/Fantasy or some other magazine. I write lots of them. They come to me at the weirdest times of day and night.

I have a folder called 'ShortStoriesThatReallyNeedToBePublishedSomeTimeSoon'. Some of the stories are done or close to done, but a lot are just crazy ideas or outlines. When I get frustrated with my WIP I pop over to the SS folder and attack one of the unfinished stories.

Time to get busy, have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment