Friday, October 2, 2026

Progress on my WIP

 'Petes Rocket' is progressing nicely! 

I'm at 50K words and I have 10 more chapters defined. There may be more or fewer depending on how much my Muse smacks me around. ;-)

I've been surprised at the twists and turns that pour out of my imagination in this story. I'm trying to stay out of the way as I write. I put whatever seems like a plausible plot line down until I have about a chapter or 500 words. 

Then I go back and review the existing story and see if this new scene really fits and moves the story in the right direction.

So far, this has worked pretty well. I've had to ditch a whole day's works a couple of times, but in general I'm keeping the new stuff. 

It seems I write best when I get out of my Muse's way and just write. The scenes seems to unfold in my mind with the character voices bouncing around in my head.

I'm hoping to finish this story soon. I have a dozen others raising their hands for my attention.

I'm a lucky writer! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment